What else can I do?

You are encouraged to speak with a health professional when you have a concern because they can take steps to find out if you have been harmed and can help you get treatment, if necessary.

If a mistake happened in hospital, many health care organizations have “patient representatives” or “patient advocates” who may be able to help.

More information is available from the Canadian Patient Safety Institute under Patient Concern Resolution Process.